Grand Ayatollah Abul-Qassim Khoei - Teaching Juristic and Writing Merits
Khoei wrote on various topics, ranging from Islamic jurisprudence to mathematics and astronomy and was a prolific writer in the these disciplines. He wrote 37 books and treatises, most of which have been published. His works include:
- Lectures in the Principles of Jurisprudence - 10 volumes
- Biographies of Narrators of Tradition - 24 volumes.
- Islamic Law - 18 volumes.
- Al-Bayan fi tafsir al-Qur'an (The Elucidation of the Exegesis of The Qur'an)
- Minhaju-us-Saliheen (The Path of the Righteous) - 2 volumes, reprinted 78 times ( on religious practice and law) .
- Anthology of Religious Questions - Concise version of the Path of the Righteous - in Arabic, Urdu, Persian, English, Turkish, * * Thai, Malay, Indonesian, and Gujarati.
- Mabani al-Istinbat (Edifices of Deduction) Principles of Jurisprudence.
- Ajwad-at-Taqrirat (The Best of Regulations) Principles of Jurisprudence.
- Sharh-el-Urwatul-Wuthqa (Commentary on The Steadfast Handle) - Jurisprudence.
- Treatise on Suspected Attire - Risala fil Libas Al-Mashkok, Evidential Jurisprudence.
- Nafahat-ul Ijaz (the of Miracles), in defence of the Qur'an.
Due to his prominent position as a teacher and scholar in Najaf, he became an important leader of worldwide Shias. He was made the most prominent Grand Ayatollah in 1971 after the death of Ayatollah Sayed Muhsin al-Hakim. In this position, he became a patron of numerous institutions across the globe that sought to provide welfare, and also provided scholarships to theological from across the Muslim world.
He is considered as the architect of a distinct school of thought in the priciples of jurisprudence and Islamic law, and one of the leading exponents of 'kalam'-scholastic theology- and 'rijal'- study of the biographies of transmitters of ahadith, the Prophetic traditions, 'fiqh'- jurisprudence- and 'tafseer'- exegesis of The Holy Qur'an. His interests included astronomy, , and philosophy.
His post-graduate institute normally accommodated some 150 students, at any given time. Among the students who attended classes and were personally supervised by Khoei included
- Ayatullah Al-Shaheed As-Sayyid Mohammad Baqir As-Sadr, Iraq
- As-Sayyid Mahdi Al-Hakim Mohammad Mahdi Shamsuddin (Lebanon)
- Imam Mousa As-Sadr (Lebanon)
- As-Sayyid Mohammad Husain Fadhlallah ()
- Ayatullah Seyyid Mohammad Al-Rohani (Iran)
- Abdolkarim Mousavi Ardebili, former Chief Justice of Iran
- As-Sayyid Mohammad Ali Makki (Syria)
- As-Sayyid Mohammad Ali Bahrul 'Uloom (UK)
- Poet Mustafa Jamaluddin (Syria).
- Ayatullah shirzai (Iran)